% of Portion Covered
Module – 1
Introduction – Meaning, nature and characteristics of management, scope and functional areas of management, goals of management, levels of management, brief overview of evolution of management. Planning- Nature, importance, types of plans, steps in planning, Organizing- nature and purpose, types of organization. Staffing- meaning, process of recruitment and selection.
Module – 2
Directing and controlling- meaning and nature of directing, leadership styles, motivation theories. Controlling- meaning, steps in controlling, methods of establishing control, Communication- Meaning and importance, Coordination- meaning and importance
Module – 3
Entrepreneur – meaning of entrepreneur, types of entrepreneurship, stages of entrepreneurial process, role of entrepreneurs in economic development, entrepreneurship in India, barriers to entrepreneurship. Identification of business opportunities- market feasibility study, technical feasibility study, financial feasibility study and social feasibility study.
Module – 4
Preparation of project and ERP - meaning of project, project identification, project selection, project report, need and significance of report, contents, formulation, guidelines by planning commission for project report
Enterprise Resource Planning: Meaning and Importance- ERP and Functional areas of Management – Marketing / Sales- Supply Chain Management – Finance and Accounting – Human Resources – Types of reports and methods of report generation
Module – 5
Micro and Small Enterprises: Definition of micro and small enterprises, characteristics and advantages of micro and small enterprises, steps in establishing micro and small enterprises, Government of India indusial policy 2007 on micro and small enterprises, case study (Microsoft), Case study(Captain G R Gopinath),case study (N R Narayana Murthy & Infosys)
Institutional support: MSME-DI, NSIC, SIDBI, KIADB, KSSIDC, TECSOK, KSFC, DIC and District level single window agency, Introduction to IPR.
1. T1: Principles of Management -P. C. Tripathi, P. N. Reddy; Tata McGraw Hill, 4th / 6th Edition, 2010.
2. T2: Dynamics of Entrepreneurial Development & Management -Vasant Desai Himalaya Publishing House.
3. T3: Entrepreneurship Development -Small Business Enterprises -Poornima M Charantimath Pearson Education – 2006.
4. T4: Management and Entrepreneurship - Kanishka Bedi- Oxford University Press-2017
- R1 : Management Fundamentals -Concepts, Application, Skill Development Robert Lusier – Thomson.
- R2: Entrepreneurship Development -S S Khanka -S Chand & Co.
- R3: Management -Stephen Robbins -Pearson Education /PHI -17th Edition, 2003.
- Introduction 00:00:00